The Center for Disease Control recommends a yearly vaccination as the best way to prevent the flu. On average employees miss ½ – 5 days of work per year because of the flu. The flu costs employers about $10.4 billion in direct costs for hospitalizations and outpatient visits for adults.
Employees that receive the flu shot experience significantly fewer influenza symptoms, have fewer doctors’ visits, and miss fewer work days due to illness. Specifically, individuals that have been vaccinated have:
- 13%-44% fewer health care/provider visits
- 18%-45% fewer lost workdays
- 18%-28% fewer work days with reduced productivity
Company hosted on-site flu shot clinics make getting the flu shot easy and convenient for employees. With each vaccinated employee the company faces less risk of spreading inner-office flu, saves on employee sick days, and increases productivity. Company flu shot programs are a cost effective way to make sure all employees have the opportunity to be vaccinated.
TotalWellness will work with you each step of the way to implement a successful corporate flu shot clinic. Onsite flu shot clinics are implemented by our network of over 5,000 health professionals who are all specially trained on TotalWellness’ policies and procedures, allowing us to provide consistency and quality. Our no-hassle pricing includes nursing staff, vaccine, supplies, consent forms and VIS forms.
Why choose TotalWellness for onsite flu shot clinics?
TotalWellness is able to coordinate and administer flu shots nationwide. We will handle all the planning and delivery of your workplace flu shot event, including:
- Dedicated account manager
- Licensed nursing personnel
- Coordinating between multiple locations
- Securing vaccines for scheduled clinics
- Online registration system for employees
- Removing waste
- Final report with number of participants
- Marketing and educational materials to help you deliver coordinated messages that will encourage greater participation.
In addition to providing on-site vaccination programs, TotalWellness also offers two convenient flu shot voucher programs.