The flu is highly infectious, especially in an office environment. TotalWellness provides on-site flu shot clinics to make it easier for organizations to protect employees from the flu. If you’re planning a flu shot clinic for your organization, read through these resources to help you prepare.
Here are a few tips to help prevent the flu in your workplace:
1. Start Planning Early. See the Flu Shot Clinic Preparation Checklist to make sure you get everything done and to make your job easier.
2. Promote Convenience. Choose clinic times based on what fits your company culture. For example, first thing in the morning, at lunchtime or during shift changes.
3. Encourage Employee Participation. Educate employees about the flu and the benefits of getting a flu shot. Using emails, posters, fliers, and articles can increase participation. Download our sample communication plan for onsite flu shot clinics for ideas.
4. Document and Share Success. Track the impact that your corporate flu shot program has on employee health. Are employees using fewer sick days? Is there lower incidence of respiratory illness? Share your achievements with leadership team and employees.
Learn More about Seasonal Influenza
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
- Influenza Q & A: Info about the disease and vaccines
- Pregnant Women and the Flu Shot: Fact Sheet
If an on-site flu shot clinic isn’t right fit for your company, TotalWellness also offers an easy flu shot voucher program. Contact us for more details.