TotalWellness, one of the nation’s leading wellness companies, is looking for independent contractors to work corporate health screenings and flu shot events. We work with employers who are searching for ways to make their employees’ lives healthier and happier. Rather than emphasizing what people are doing wrong, we want to help them discover their healthy habits and use them as a launch pad for intrinsic change. We are looking for health professionals who can help deliver this positive message to employees at on-site wellness events.
Flu shot nurses are responsible for the successful setup and break-down of a flu shot event in a corporate setting, as well as administering flu shots in a professional, safe, and timely manner. If nurses work alone, or in a supervisory capacity with a small team they are also responsible for receiving supplies, maintaining/monitoring vaccine temperature, and shipping supplies and completed paperwork back to TotalWellness.
Health Screeners will provide biometric screening services in a corporate setting to include manual blood pressures, height/weight/waist measurements, body mass index, finger-stick for cholesterol and glucose levels, and health education. They will also assist with screening event setup and tear down including, but not limited to, loading/unloading supplies.
Adhere to TotalWellness performance and professionalism standards including, but not limited to, data privacy (HIPAA) and confidentiality policies
- Are experienced and proficient in administering vaccinations with knowledge of vaccine safety
- Proficient in skills such as manual blood pressure, finger-stick, height/weight/waist measurements, BMI
- Venipuncture skills are a plus (Not required)
- Follow direction as a team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must be computer, iPad and internet savvy
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and to maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must have frequent internet access via mobile phone, tablet, computer and/or laptop
- Are able to lift up to 30 pounds and able to stand for extended periods
- Are passionate and motivated to provide the best possible care and customer service to each and every person
- Possess a professional and clean appearance
- Proven track record of attendance and punctuality
- Current CPR / First Aid certification
- Must have current professional licensure and/or certification
(e.g., RN, LPN, LVN, Phlebotomist, MA, CNA, etc.) or degree in a medical, health, or fitness related field
- Prior flu shot event experience and proven proficiency preferred
- Minimum 1 year clinical/medical experience
- Prior finger-stick and/or biometric screening event experience and proven proficiency preferred
Events are typically scheduled Monday through Friday during the day, some evenings. Flu shot events occur from September – November. This position is PRN, hours are not guaranteed, and full-time openings are not available. If you are looking to supplement your income by picking up extra shifts that fit your schedule, then this PRN opportunity is for you!