TotalWellness provides tailored corporate and health wellness services to help companies deliver better wellness programs to employees. Services include: biometric screenings, corporate flu shots and Covid testing.
The Application Engineer is responsible for development, programming and complete implementation of TotalWellness’s proprietary and 3rd party systems. This position requires effective communication and coordination across departments, projects and platforms. This position is ultimately responsible for enhancing TotalWellness applications and working directly with contracted 3rd parties to maintain and enhance the TotalWellness applications.
The Application Engineer will serve as the main IT contact for TotalWellness’s application development needs. In this role, you will execute day-to-day tasks involving development, testing, and deployment of code to enhance current applications. You will also serve as the main point of contact with our other 3rd party vendors who currently manage our applications.
Essential functions include:
- Collaborate with TotalWellness product teams to establish application enhancements
- Analyze requirements, research, and design application enhancements
- Review, test, and implement code changes
- Oversee applications to ensure optimal performance
- Maintain a relationship with established 3rd parties and serve as main IT contact
- Knowledge and ability to design, program and debug applications utilizing a breadth of software and database technologies.
- Expertise with Object-Oriented analysis and programming
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Data Model or other O-R mapping tools
- Experience with .NET (Framework and Core) development with a focus on web-related frameworks
- Experiences with SQL Server development including writing stored procedures and queries
- Familiarity with API’s, such as JSON or SOAP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently and effectively with little supervision
- Stay current with changing technology and business needs
- Basic understanding of software and database development technologies
- Ability to design, develop and debug in all tiers of complex applications
- Ability to lead projects
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a high production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Technology strongly preferred
- 1-3 years programming experience with web-based applications
- 1-3 years experience with SQL Server